Thursday, May 27, 2010

Texas Hall of Fame

In 2008, Mariska Hargitay went to Texas to collect the Texas Hall of Fame award on behalf of her mother, Jayne Mansfield. Here's some snippets from her acceptance speech:
“My mother always considered Texas her home and to be here to accept this on her behalf, in the state that loved her so much, is something she would have loved.”

“I loved coming to visit my grandparents in Dallas every summer. It meant so much to me, and I know my mom would have loved seeing me have those Texas ties.”

“It is always a homecoming of sorts. My heart is so Texan in that way, and Texas represents profound moments of my life. It’s a sacred place because of the connection to my mother.”

"She would have been so proud to be honored by her own state."

"Texas was a place where both my mother and I did a lot of growing. That spirit carried my mother to Hollywood. By letting me see the impression she made on you, you've given me a precious present. Thank you, Texas."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mariska is a great and beautiful woman. This homage to his mother tightly.