Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy 100th Birthday Lucy!



















Today would have been Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday, a milestone! Even though she died in 1989, her birthday is still worth celebrating because, well, let's face it: Lucille is still one of the best beloved actresses that ever walked on Earth! And it is important to keep her memory alive, which is pretty easy thing to do because so MANY people love Lucy! It's practically illegal to hate Lucy, I don't think I've ever met anybody who doesn't like her and if you do, then you are the first I've come across. I've always been a fan of hers, although I vaguely remember her death (I was around 7, I remember hearing about it like a snapshot but I don't know what I was doing that day or whatever like I do with Freddie Mercury and George Harrison's deaths...I was probably busy with school and playing with my Barbies but I do know for sure that I loved her I Love Lucy show and I do have a clipping about her death, ok my mom saved it...but anyway). For the next several entries- ending with Desiring Each Other- is a slew of Lucille Ball pictures. This is my way of celebrating the life of Lucille Ball. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, these are great pics and comments! We just watched an episode of I Love Lucy today, the one where she tells Ricky she's pregnant. Thanks for such a nice tribute!