Thursday, September 1, 2011

Goodbye Todd #2 aka Victor


This week, Trevor St. John's time on One Life to Live has come to an end after 8 years on the show. I have heard that Trevor was willing to go on further but it wasn't to be. Anyway, Trevor played Todd Manning, replacing Roger Howarth until this year when Roger returned and so Trevor's Todd became the original Todd's twin brother Victor Lord, Jr. who their mother Irene (who was believed to be long time dead) did a little switch-a-roo and plastic surgery for her weird out-there plan. Personally, I think instead of doing the twin brothers thing (as it has done so many times before in the past) they should've made Trevor's Todd as an innocent victim who was completely brainwashed into doing whatever the CIA wanted him to do or something in that effect. I'm not writer and what's done is done now so I can't change anything...if I could, John would know that Liam is his son by now! But that's another storyline.

I wasn't really one of those people who did the "Trevor isn't Todd, Roger is" campaign, I thought OLTL was smart enough to ease it in as Trevor playing someone else who turned out to be Todd Manning (he originally was Walker Lawerence). Granted it's very hard for an actor to step as a replacement into a role that was loved (and hated) by so many fans who cemented the 'fact' that Roger Howarth is always Todd. I completely understand that point of view as it has happened to me many many times with soaps. But with Trevor, I thought he handled it with care and he had stuck with that role for 8 straight years with no breaks (vacations sure but no leaving) so I became a fan of Todd #2. Then in 2005 I had a chance to meet Trevor during Super Soap Weekend and found that he was a very nice man, good looking in person too- pictures and TV doesn't do justice! Then, not long ago, Trevor said in one of the soap magazines that I buy that he ran into Roger who told him that he was doing a real good job with the role.

I think Trevor is a great actor and I wish him all the best of luck in his future projects. I have a funny feeling that this won't be the last I see of him and I hope I do see him in whatever it is. The man has great talent and it shouldn't be wasted.

No comments: