Monday, November 26, 2012

The Astronaut/Oil Tycoon Has Left Us

Larry Hagman died on November 23rd with Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy (from Dallas) at his hospital bed side. Although many are remembering Larry as J.R. Ewing (as I'm sure Larry would prefer to be remembered by), I, on the other hand, am being rebelous and will remember him as Major Anthony Nelson on I Dream of Jeannie. Strange part is, I was born and raised during the original Dallas' run so you would think that that's the role I would instantly think of Larry Hagman but truthfully I never really got into Dallas. I probably saw an episode here and there. I got more into I Dream of Jeannie, thanks to the reruns. I don't think he was too crazy about the show during it's run but as time went on and I guess age and fans have helped changed his tune as he started to go behind the show (helping promote it with the DVDs kinda thing) and appreciate it more and more until he died. Larry leaves behind a wife, Maj, of 54 years and two children with grandchildren.

Fun fact: Larry Hagman and Keith Moon were good friends in the 1970s.

No comments: