Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First Post of 2013

I LOVE this picture of John- it deserves it's own entry rather than joining my usual John Lennon is Handsome installment. Yes, eyes are not playing tricks on you- there are wrinkles and scratches but I decided against fixing up my scan. Why? Well, 1. I'm lazy and I don't want to sit in front of Photoshop for HOURS- it's a lot of work! Believe me, I looked over my picture and thought "I need to fix that and that and that" until I decided "screw it!" I'll just leave it as it is. It shows age. It shows experience. It shows that it's been in my possession for many years. It was originally in some notebook of my writings (not a diary, just writing crap before I discovered the blogging world) and for many years I thought it was actually in my diary but after searching my old diaries (which a few I wound up reading and realized that I was one silly love-dreamy teenager) I couldn't find it- only found related pictures from the same photo shoot (some of those pictures have been scanned and up here on this blog). Then, just last month, I was searching for something else and this photo came to light! Oh I was SOOOOOO HAPPY and RELIEVED! I was starting to come to the conclusion that I either threw it away by accident or I dreamt it up (the Beatles' cartoons had this picture in their introduction that came from "life" to "animation"). Now it's framed and on my wall. This picture is never ever ever going to leave my sight again!

No comments: