Tuesday, January 8, 2013

From Port Charles to Genoa City

Yesterday, Steve Burton was on The Talk to confirm that he's indeed going to be on "The Young and the Restless" at the end of this month. I can't help but feel a bit betrayed here! He left "General Hospital" just a few months ago- 4 to be exact- to spend more time with his family in Tennessee. It was heartbreaking, sure, but I supported that decision. I do understand that family comes first, as it should be! But then rumors started to circulate that Steve was going to the other soap opera that I don't watch. I was hoping that it wasn't going to come true but it looks like it did. He claimed that he did it for Jill Phelps, who was the executive producer for GH and is now on Y&R and was happy that CBS is able to let him go to Tennessee as much as he could.
So, what, GH couldn't do that? Please! This may be coming from the heat of the moment but he's kissing that woman's butt! She leaves, he then bails (after claiming he was happy with GH's EP/Head Writer switch a roos and powerful/better storylines) and then she calls, he jumps on board. It would've been a different story if he realized that living costs in TN were highly expensive and his earnings on GH was dried up and needed the money.
Well, I'm not a Y&R watcher (I admit I've seen a few episodes but not enough to get me hooked) and I don't plan on watching Y&R- from what I hear from other fans- it sucks. I don't get how it's a #1 soap?

No comments: