Thursday, February 6, 2014

Goodbye Samantha
















So sad to hear that Samantha Juste (Dolenz) passed away yesterday after having a stroke in her sleep over the weekend. I know she was a breast cancer survivor as well. I always believed that Micky was very much in love with Samanta based on his interviews and his autobiography but sadly their marriage ended in divorce because of his partying ways and then some. Many articles have said that Micky and Samantha didn't talk for many years until the early 1990s when they resurrected their friendship. I don't know how true that is- I think they've always kept in contact in some form because of their daughter Ami. Ami was briefly on General Hospital back in the 1980s- before I was watching it. May Samantha rest in peace. I think she's the 2nd Monkee wife to passed away (the first was Phyllis Nesmith)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I didn't know she passed away! How sad. She was so pretty and I agree with you--I do think Micky really did love her but he just couldn't settle down and be a good husband to her. Thanks for posting this, it's a good tribute.